CAVITE — Curfew hours in the province have been adjusted anew, this time from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. similar to other areas placed under the modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ).
Governor Jonvic Remulla announced this update in curfew hours that match that of Metro Manila and Rizal as he laid out other guidelines in a Facebook post on Wednesday.
On Monday, Remulla earlier said the province will impose a curfew from 10 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. in transition from enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) to MECQ. The curfew hours were set from 6 p.m. to 5 a.m. during the ECQ period.
Meanwhile, Cavite police chief Colonel Marlon Santos said last week that quarantine violators will no longer be arrested and will only be warned and fined, following the death of a curfew violator in General Trias City.
Cavite and several other areas were placed under MECQ since April 12 until the end of the month. The province has so far confirmed 31,533 total COVID-19 cases of whom 7, 282 remain active, 23,504 have recovered, while 747 succumbed to the disease.