More than 18,000 families have been displaced after tropical storm Paeng crossed Cavite on Saturday evening (October 29), according to Governor Jonvic Remulla.
In a Facebook post on Sunday, Remulla said some of those affected by Paeng had already went back home while others remain at evacuation centers.
FLOOD UPDATE Nonstop po ang ating calamity response sa mga hard hit areas tulad ng Noveleta at Kawit. May mga 18,000…Posted by Jonvic Remulla on Saturday, October 29, 2022
He also assured that calamity response is “non-stop” in hard-hit areas such as in Noveleta and in Kawit, where most houses were submerged in deep floodwater due to overnight rains.
The governor also said at least P50 million worth of relief goods are currently being distributed.
“With the joint efforts of all LGUs, provincial leaders, and citizens concerned: Cavite will survive, overcome, and thrive. #BangonCavite,” said Remulla.
Nailikas na ang nasa 100 katao mula sa Isla Noah sa Brgy. Pulvorista sa bayan ng Kawit dahil sa patuloy na banta ng sama…Posted by The Cavite Rising on Saturday, October 29, 2022
Simula kagabi ay higit 400 pamilya o 1,500 katao ang lumikas at pansamantalang nanunuluyan sa mga paaralan sa Imus City,…Posted by The Cavite Rising on Saturday, October 29, 2022
Sa Bacoor, Cavite, higit 8,000 indibidwal ang pansamantalang lumalagi sa 24 evacuation centers ng lungsod base sa huling…Posted by The Cavite Rising on Saturday, October 29, 2022
As early as 7 pm on Saturday, calls for rescue mounted on social media for residents who were trapped in the barangays of San Juan 1 and San Antonio 2 in Noveleta.
Rescue teams from the Provincial Distaster Risk Reduction and Management Office, the Philippine Navy, and the Philippine Coast Guard were immediately sent to the flooded areas.
Typhoon Paeng UPDATE! Oct. 29, 2022
Bagyong Paeng Update! Rumaragasa po ang tubig mula sa pag apaw ng ilang ilang river at marami sa ating mga kababayan ang na-trap sa bubong ng kanilang bahay particularly sa Barangay San Juan 1/2 at Barangay San Antonio 1 / 2 ! Pilit pong pinapasok ng ating Noveleta RESCUE TEAM ang mga apektadong lugar ngunit masyadong mapanganib. Humingi napo tayo ng tulong sa Philippine Navy at Philippine Coast Guard upang saklolohan ang ating mga kababayan. Parating napo sila at patuloy napo tayong mag-ingat! Manatili po tayong alerto!Posted by Mayor Dino Reyes-Chua on Saturday, October 29, 2022
In Kawit, a casket was sighted floating in Brgy. Panamitan at the height of the onslaught of Paeng. The photo has since gone viral on social media.
Namataang naanod sa rumaragasang baha ang isang kabaong sa Brgy. Panamitan, Kawit. "Baka may nawawalan ng mahal sa…Posted by The Cavite Rising on Saturday, October 29, 2022
The next morning, aerial shots by Eddieson Sauquillo uploaded on Facebook show the aftermath of Paeng in Kawit.
TINGNAN: Ibinahagi ng isang netizen ang ilang drone shots ng sitwasyon ngayong umaga sa ilang bahagi ng Kawit, Cavite pagkatapos rumagasa ni Bagyong #PaengPH. 📸 Eddieson SauquilloPosted by The Cavite Rising on Saturday, October 29, 2022
Pinasok din ng tubig baha ang mga kabahayan sa Imus, Cavite matapos ang mga pag-ulan dulot ng #PaengPH kagabi….Posted by The Cavite Rising on Sunday, October 30, 2022
The situation was almost the same for residents of nearby city Imus as drone shots also revealed floodwater had entered houses.
There is no available data yet as of posting in terms of the number of casualty in Cavite. Nationwide, at least 45 were confirmed dead due to Paeng.
A state of calamity was declared in 55 areas in Region 5 – Bicol Region, Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM), and Region 12 – SOCCSKSARGEN according to the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC).
NDRRMC Executive Director Raymundo Ferrer has earlier recommended to President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. the declaration of a year-long national state of calamity due to Paeng.
State weather bureau PAGASA,
in its 5 pm bulletin, spotted Paeng at 295 km west of Iba, Zambales.
TROPICAL CYCLONE BULLETIN NO. 25 Tropical Storm #PaengPH (NALGAE) Issued at 5:00 PM, 30 October 2022 Valid for broadcast…Posted by Dost_pagasa on Sunday, October 30, 2022
It maintained its strength and packs maximum sustained winds of 85 km/h and gustiness of up to 105 km/h.
Signal No. 1 is hoisted over Cavite, Metro Manila, and some other nearby provinces. Paeng is forecast to exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility on Monday morning or afternoon.