Maynilad Water Services Inc. said Bacoor and Imus City residents would experience a water service interruption from April 16 to April 23, around 11 p.m. to 11 a.m. daily.
However, water services in some of these areas are expected to normalize by April 22.
Maynilad said the service interruption is caused by “the ongoing intensified cleaning of filters at the Putatan Water Treatment Plants.”
The water service interruption also affects parts of Las Piñas City, Muntinlupa City, Parañaque City, and Pasay City.
“The turbidity level of the raw water in Laguna Lake has been gradually decreasing since the Amihan season ended, but the process is taking longer than anticipated. Due to this, we have to extend our maintenance activities at the plants,” Maynilad said in their Facebook post advisory.
“Normal operations will be restored once the cleaning of the filters is completed,” it added.
Maynilad advised its affected customers to store enough water when supply is available and let it flow out briefly until it clears when the water service resumes.
Their mobile water tankers also do the rounds of affected areas to deliver potable water, and stationary water tanks are further installed.
Affected areas in Cavite are the following:
- Marcos Alvarez Extn (from Evergreen to St. Joseph Homes)
- Astro Ville, Bagong Samahan ng Magkakapitbahay
- Bagong Silang Blk 2
- Strikeville 1
- Bagong Silang Blk 3-2
- bagong Silang P3
- Green Valley Subdivision
- Katherine Townhomes
- magdiwang Subdivision
- Melrose park
- Molino Heights
- Molino Parkhomes
- Molino Road Westside & Lynville/Annville
- Molino Road Westside (Avenida Rizal to Daanghari; Kaunlara 2 Village)
- Progressive Village 12
- Progressive Village 14 & 16
- Queensrow (Bagong Silang PH 1 & 2)
- Twon & Country Homes
- Villa Cristorey, Villa Maria and Vizcarra
- Duplex Subdivision
- Elissa Homes PH 2A
- Goergetown Heights PH1 & PH2
- Likha Village
- Mary Homes
- Max Village
- Molino Road Eastside (from daanghari to Dasmarinas Boundary)
- Molino Road Westside (Pheonix to Paradiso)
- BF Topman 2
- Soldier Hills Phase 1 to Phase 4
- Bagong Silang Interior
- San Lorenzo Ruis Subdivision
- St. Joseph homes
- Queens Row East
- Queens Row West (Sunvar Subdivision and garden City II)
San Nicolas III
- Bagong Kampi
- Bf El Grande
- Evergreen St.
- Greenvalley Subdivision
- Marcos Alvarez Extn (from Bridge to Evergreen)
- from Soldiers Hills Phase 1 Gate exiting Marcos Alvarez
- Poor’s Park
- River Side
- Samahang Magkakapit-Bisig
- Villa Mateo Subdivision
- Pasong Buaya I (Vermosa Estates)
- Pasong Buaya II (Pasong Buaya II and Vermosa Estates)