Admission in Cavite isolation centers can now be seen breathing easily as the number of COVID-19 patients in the facilities continues to fall.
The St. Dymphna Isolation Facility in Imus City has recorded zero admissions for the first time since the pandemic started, its medical director said Thursday.
Dr. Cherrie Lyn Tumilba-Boque told ABS-CBN News [https://bit.ly/3wECXj5] that the number of COVID-19 patients began to decline in October and all were discharged on Tuesday, November 9.
The 200-bed mega isolation center, according to Tumilba-Boque, is still operational, but manpower has been directed to the hospital for the time being while there are no patients yet.
Dasmariñas local authority has already stopped renting the six hotels that were being utilized as isolation facilities.
Just last month, the city opened its first-ever LGU-funded COVID-19 isolation facility, which has nearly 170 beds.
As of this writing, the said mega isolation center has only two patients admitted, according to the city health office.
Meanwhile, in Tanza, the four isolation centers had already been integrated into one, as the local authorities reported few admissions in the town. However, there are still residents who are in home quarantine and under control.
According to DOH data, more than 70 percent of the province’s isolation beds are now unoccupied, while ICU beds are at 63 percent and ward beds for COVID-19 patients are at 92 percent.
Photo courtesy of Dennis Datu’s Twitter Page