Cavite, other ‘NCR Plus’ areas back to ECQ until April 4

The government is reimposing stricter restrictions in Cavite, three other provinces and the country’s capital region for a week to curb the brisk rise in COVID-19 cases.

Cavite and several other areas will revert to enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) starting March 29 until April 4 to control the recent surge in coronavirus cases. 

President Rodrigo Duterte has approved the COVID-19 task force’s recommendation to put Cavite, Bulacan, Laguna, Rizal and Metro Manila back under strict lockdown, said his spokesperson Harry Roque on Saturday, March 27. 

All the said areas, otherwise known as NCR Plus, were just placed under the less stringent general community quarantine (GCQ) bubble with additional restrictions last week until April 4 prior to the new guidelines. 

The same provisions from last year’s ECQ would be implemented as per the latest resolution of the IATF for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases.

The country’s COVID-19 tally hit past 118,000 on Saturday, with more than 9,000 new cases for second straight day. Total cases breached 702,000 with over 580,000 recoveries and at least 13,100 deaths.

Total
2
Shares
Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts
Read More

Miyembro ng NPA sumuko sa Maragondon

Nagbalik-loob sa pamahalaang ang isang isang dating miyembro ng Communist Party of the Philippines-New Peoples Army-National Democratic Front (CPP-NPA-NDF) matapos nitong sumuko sa mga awtoridad sa Maragondon, Cavite.