The government’s pandemic task force has kept Cavite and several other areas under the most lenient COVID-19 Alert Level 1 unti mid-May.
Alert Level 1 will also be imposed in Metro Manila and the following areas from May 1-15:
• CAR: Abra, Apayao, Baguio City, Mountain Province, Kalinga, Tublay in Benguet
• Region I: Dagupan City, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union, Pangasinan
• Region II: Batanes, Cagayan, City of Santiago, Isabela, Quirino
• Region III: Angeles City, Aurora, Bataan, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Olongapo City, Pampanga, Tarlac, Zambales
• Region IVA: Batangas, Cavite, Laguna, Lucena City, Candelaria, Dolores, and San Antonio in Quezon, Rizal
• Region IVB: Marinduque, Puerto Princesa City and Cagayancillo in Palawan, Romblon, Oriental Mindoro
• Region V: Catanduanes, Naga City, Albay, Caramoan, Pili, and Tagaon in Camarines Sur, Capalonga in Camarines Norte
• Region VI: Aklan, Bacolod City, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo, Iloilo City, Candoni in Negros Occidental, Tobias Fornier (Dao) in Antique
• Region VII: Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, Siquijor, Amlan (Ayuquitan) in Negros Oriental, Duero in Bohol, Talisay City in Cebu
• Region VIII: Biliran, Eastern Samar, Ormoc City, Southern Leyte, Tacloban City, Matalom in Leyte
• Region IX: Zamboanga City, Jose Dalman (Ponot) in Zamboanga del Norte, Labason in Zamboanga del Norte, Molave in Zamboanga del Sur, Ramon Magsaysay (Liargo) in Zamboanga del Sur, Buug in Zamboanga Sibugay
• Region X: Cagayan de Oro City, Camiguin, Bukidnon, Misamis Oriental, Iligan City, Tudela in Misamis Occidental, Baroy in Lanao del Norte, Lala in Lanao del Norte, Tubod in Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental
• Region XI: Davao City, Caraga in Davao Oriental
• Region XII: North Cotabato, Cotabato, City of Kidapawan, Cotabato, President Roxas, Cotabato, Polomolok, South Cotabato, Santo Niño, South Cotabato, City of Tacurong, Sultan Kudarat, City of Koronadal, South Cotabato, Arakan, North Cotabato, Lebak, Sultan Kudarat, Antipas, North Cotabato, Banga, North Cotabato
• CARAGA: Butuan City, Surigao del Sur, Kitcharao in Agusan del Norte, Santa Josefa in Agusan del Sur, Libjo (Albor) in Dinagat Islands, General Luna in Surigao del Norte
• BARMM: South Upi, Maguindanao, Turtle Islands, Tawi-Tawi
Under the said alert level, businesses, government agencies, and public transportation are allowed to operate at its full capacity.
Also allowed under Alert Level 1 are limited face-to-face classes as well as in-person graduation and recognition ceremonies.
Meanwhile, more restrictive Alert Level 2 will be imposed in the following areas until the end of April:
• Cordillera Administrative Region: Benguet, Ifugao
• Region II: Nueva Vizcaya
• Region IV-A: Quezon Province
• Region IV-B: Occidental Mindoro, Palawan
• Region V: Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Masbate, Sorsogon
• Region VI: Antique, Negros Occidental
• Region VII: Bohol, Cebu, Negros Oriental
• Region VIII: Leyte, Northern Samar, Western Samar
• Region IX: City of Isabela, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga Sibugay
• Region X: Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental
• Region XI: Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, Davao Oriental, Davao de Oro, Davao Occidental
• Region XII: General Santos City, North Cotabato, Sarangani, Sultan Kudarat, South Cotabato
• CARAGA: Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Dinagat Islands, and Surigao del Norte
• Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao: Basilan, Cotabato City, Lanao del Sur, Maguindanao, Sulu, and Tawi-tawi
Under Alert Level 2, casinos, horse racing, cock-fighting and operation of cockpits, lottery and betting shops, and other gaming establishments are prohibited aside from those that will be allowed by the pandemic task force or the Office of the President.
As of April 29, Cavite has 55 active cases of COVID-19 according to the data of the Department of Health – Center for Health Development CALABARZON.
Photo courtesy of WHO