Cavite would receive 300,000 more COVID-19 vaccine doses from the Department of Health in the next two weeks, according to Governor Jonvic Remulla.
During his Facebook live on Friday, the governor said the vaccines will be allocated for senior citizens and persons with comorbidities.
MECQ LIVE | De La Salle Animo CenterPosted by Jonvic Remulla on Thursday, April 15, 2021
Remulla did not specify what will be the brand of the vaccines. However, vaccine czar Carlito Galvez Jr. earlier said the national government is expecting to receive more jabs from China’s Sinovac and Russia’s Sputnik V by next week.
The governor also said the provincial government is aiming to vaccinate around 2 million of its citizens “at the latest by February or March” next year.
He added Cavite is eyeing to establish 200 intervention centers in the next six months to be able to reach the said vaccination target.
“Hindi biro ang nangyayari sa atin ngayon. Ang sagot dito ay dalawa lamang: todong pag-iingat at magkaroon tayo ng vaccine,” he said.
Moreover, Remulla said the province will prioritize “industrial zone workers” in its own inoculation campaign since the national government has already began its immunization drive on health workers, among other groups.
“Dahil sariling resources ang lahat ng ginagamt para magkaroon ng sariling vaccine, ang buong Cavite po ay may sariling programa. Ang unahin natin…ay ang ating makina ng industriya,” he said adding that economic frontliners in Imus, Dasmariñas, General Trias, Rosario, and Tanza will soon get vaccinated.
Earlier this month, local government units in the province have decided to pitch in to cover the cost of ordering three million doses of COVID-19 vaccines from American drugmaker Novavax.
(READ: Cavite orders 3 million doses of Novavax vaccine)
Thumbnail photo by Spencer Davis on Unsplash