Samantha Alexandra Panlilio from Cavite was crowned as Bb. Pilipinas Grand International 2021 during the pageant’s coronation night held at the Araneta Coliseum on Sunday.
The 25-year-old Caviteña beauty is the niece of Maria Myrna Sese Panlilio, the first Binibining Pilipinas-Universe titleholder in 1964.
Panlilio, who is a senior consultant by profession, was already among the early favorites in the pageant.
She showed elegance with her national costume created by Paolo Blanco, which landed her as part of the Top 10 contestants with the best national costume.
During the Q&A portion of the prestigious event, Panlilio was asked to name something she learned and did for the first time during the pandemic which she considered life changing.
“The one thing that I did during the pandemic was actually cook food for frontliners, because I love to cook. I also have a food vlog that I do in my spare time. It was such a fulfilling and humbling experience, helping these people and helping contribute to the people who are actually at the front lines helping us Filipinos,” she siad.
“I hope that what I did inspired other women too to also help out one another, because the only way we can survive, heal, and recover from this pandemic is if we help one another,” she added.
The other queens who also won during the finals night were:
- Binibining Pilipinas International 2021 – Hannah Arnold from Masbate
- Binibining Pilipinas Intercontinental 2021 – Cinderella Obenita from Cagayan de Oro
- Binibining Pilipinas Globe 2021 – Maureen Montagne from Batangas
- 1st runner-up – Gabrielle Basiano from Eastern Samar
- 2nd runner-up – Meiji Cruz from Valenzuela City
Other special awards:
- Miss Creamsilk – Maureen Montagne from Batangas
- Best in Swimsuit – Meiji Cruz from Valenzuela City
- Best in Long Gown – Gabrielle Basiano from Eastern Samar
- Binibining Araneta City – Francesca Taruc from Pampanga
- Best in National Costume – Ma. Ruth Erika Quin from Nueva Ecija
- Most Friendly – Leslie Anne Ticaro from Tagum City, Davao
- Best in Talent – Bianca Marcelo from Bocaue, Bulacan
- Face of Binibini Award – Patricia Garcia from Manila
- Miss Alagang Silka – Francesca Taruc from Pampanga
- Jag Denim Queen – Hannah Arnold from Masbate
- Miss World Balance – Alexandra Garcia from Olongapo
- Miss Ever Bilena Award – Maureen Montagne from Batangas
- Miss Pizza Hut – Karen Mendoza from Iloilo
- Manila Bulletin Reader’s Choice Award – Micca Rosal from Agoncillo, Batangas
Panlilio will represent the Philippines in the upcoming Miss Grand International pageant, in an attempt to be its first Filipina titleholder.