Remulla says he will not run for a national post in 2022

As the election season approaches, Cavite Governor Jonvic Remulla announced on Thursday that he will not run for any national position in 2022.

As the election season approaches, Cavite Governor Jonvic Remulla announced on Thursday that he will not run for any national position in 2022.

Instead, Remulla expressed interest in running for Cavite’s highest office again, to secure his spot as provincial governor for the fourth time.

“I’m staying. Dito lang ako sa Cavite… The first thing I learned was that, personally, it’s not worth it. It’s too painful. The sacrifices are too great. There’s a lot na I know that I can do for the country but ‘yung trade off, masyadong mabigat,” Remulla said in an interview with News5’s Deretsahan.

Tagaytay City Councilor Althea Tolentino, daughter of Congressman Bambol Tolentino and Tagaytay City Mayor Agnes Tolentino, has been rumored to be the incumbent governor’s running mate.

RELATED POST: Meet these potential candidates in Cavite in the 2022 elections

Remulla has yet to declare who he will support in the presidential election, but he has previously stated that some presidential candidates have approached him, but he declined, preferring to focus on the issues at hand.

The governor was once a key ally of former Vice President Jejomar Binay, but he left his camp in April 2016 to support President Rodrigo Duterte.

Remulla on government’s COVID-19 response

At the same time, Remulla commented about the government’s response to the pandemic, asserting that the country is “late in the procurement game.”

“It’s very alarming sa bagal ng dating. Wala kasing playbook, ‘yan ang problema dito. We did not focus on the preventive side, on the curative side like the vaccines, building more hospital beds, having a longer lockdown and locking down our borders very early para ma-contain ‘yung virus,” Remulla stated.

When asked what he believes is wrong with the current administration, he said: “I think that the president campaigned on a single mandate of eliminating drugs, and peace and order. I don’t think it was in his mindset to handle a pandemic, and I don’t think that the people he chose were prepared to handle it either.”

The provincial leader also chastised those who allegedly profited while the country is still dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.

RELATED POST: Remula hits ‘cheap, senseless’ word war between gov’t official amid pandemic

Thumbnail photo via Jonvic Remulla Facebook page

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts
Read More

Pagtaas ng pamasahe sa LRT-1 kailangan para sa Cavite extension ayon sa DOTR

Ipinatutupad na ang taas-pasahe sa LRT-1 simula Abril 2, 2025, kung saan P20 na ang minimum at P55 ang maximum na pamasahe. Ayon sa DOTr at LRMC, kailangan ito para sa operasyon, pagpapatuloy ng Cavite extension, at pag-iwas sa inaasahang bilyon-bilyong pisong fare deficit. Tinututulan naman ito ng ilang commuter groups dahil dagdag-pasanin umano ito sa mga mananakay.
Read More

Lalaki tiklo sa Imus matapos barilin ang kumpare dahilsa selos

Selos umano ang nagtulak sa isang lalaki upang barilinnang mahigit limang beses ang kanyang kumpare sabayan ng Imus noong Abril 27.  Agad na inaresto ng mga awtoridad ang pedicab driver nasi Roger Basilan matapos mapatay ang kanyang kaibiganna si Gilbert Aretana, 42, isang construction worker.  Sa inisyal na report ng pulisya, inabangan umano ng suspek si Aretana habang papasok sa trabaho at sakapinagbababaril. Dagdag pa ng pulisya, nagselos umano ang suspek kay Aretana at sa kanyang asawa na nagkaroon umano ng relasyon.  Ayon naman sa suspek, hindi umano niya inaasahan namagkaroon ng relasyon ang biktima at ang kanyangasawa na nahuli niya sa kanilang chat message.  “Sabi ko,…